Monday, 23 April 2012

Telling the 'rents














I have imagined seeing that word for so long! It also confirms that my dates are correct, as if I did OV on 8th April, I'm 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant today. I've booked an appointment with my doctor on Wednesday morning, so I'm planning on telling my manager (who is also a friend) tomorrow. She told me about her pregnancy last year this early, and if anything went wrong she'd have to know anyway. Which leads me onto the next thing, we told our parents yesterday. I think that has got to be one of the most nerve-wracking experiences ever! We told the in laws first, and they were really pleased, it will be their third grandchild. Then we went to tell my parents, I was so scared as I just didn't know how they were going to react. But they were over the moon! And very excited as it will be their first grandchild :) We are seeing my sister and her fiancĂ©  on Wednesday so will tell them then, and my brother and his girlfrield on Friday. I know some people don't agree with telling everyone until after a scan, but I would want their support if anything did happen, and we had arranged a family holiday to Egypt in October, which we obviously won't be going on, so we want them to know. An exciting week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment