How big is the baby?
Baby is the size of a prune! He/she is now 30mm in size - amazing considering almost 3 weeks ago at our scan, baby only measured 12mm! I'm so excited for our 12 week scan (which is 13th June, only 10 more days to wait!) to see how much bigger the baby is, my iPhone app says it'll be the size of a lime next week, that is some crazy fast growing!
How I'm feeling.
Tired! Week 7-8 came with horrible nausea in the mornings, but that seems to have disappeared now thankfully. I've been having early nights which seem to help with the tiredness, and I've now got a week off work so plan on relaxing and getting as much sleep as I need. My sense of smell is also through the roof these last few days, I went shopping the other day in my lunch break and I could smell people's perfume/aftershave a mile away, it smelt so strong!
Body changes.
I'm feeling quite bloated a lot of the time which is getting harder to hide at work! I've also been really spotty since finding out I was pregnant, it started just on my face which was bad enough, but my chest is covered in little spots now! Yuk! Speaking of my chest, I've already gone from a B cup to a C cup, which is a size I've never been before! They're still feeling quite tender, too. I'm not going to get too paranoid about weight gain, but I jumped on the scales the other morning just out of curiosity, and I've put on 4 pounds so far. Just before getting pregnant I was on a diet and lost about 10 pounds, taking me back to a size 8, so I expect that some of what I've put on is the effect of stopping my diet.
What I'm eating.
Everything! With the nausea, I couldn't eat much and sweet things made it worse. Now my appetite is back with a vengeance and I'm enjoying eating all the things I couldn't in the beginning. My favourite foods at the minute are coco pops and crisps, I've really gone off tea/coffee though which is strange as I used to love a good cuppa! I guess it's a natural instinct though as you should lower your caffeine intake in pregnancy.
Bump/bloat pic:
No comments:
Post a Comment