Saturday, 23 June 2012

12 weeks

How big is the baby?
Baby is the size of a plum! Not much of an increase after last week's growth spurt!

How I'm feeling.
Not much different to last week, although I *think* the nausea has subsided a little. I had a few weeks where at work a lot of the time I'd forget about being pregnant (not forget as such, but not think about it every minute of every day like in the beginning) but since we told everyone the news on Thursday, I'm all excited again and actually feel properly pregnant. I think having a scan picture that looks like an actual baby has really overwhelmed me, I feel so happy and lucky to be having a baby grow inside me.

Body changes.
My stomach is even more bloated and I feel like my whole torso has changed shape, from the side I look like I have a bump already but it's probably just water retention and the growth of my uterus making it expand outwards. I plan to start stocking up on some maternity clothes, I feel like it's safe to now we know everything is ok. I don't know how much weight I've put on now, but I'm trying not to weigh myself too often as I don't want to get fixated on it. I'm happy for these body changes to take place, it's a pretty special thing growing a baby and I want to enjoy every second.

What I'm eating.
Still the same things really, although the healthier stuff is slowly creeping back in. Fruit is appetising again, but I think that's cos it's so juicy as I've been really thirsty these last few days. I'm still craving the salty stuff like crisps and cheeseburgers, but I've not let myself go too mad on them.

Bump/bloat pic:

No comments:

Post a Comment